*Be on time
*Bring material to class
*Use time wisely
* Be cooperative
*Cells phones off
*Participation in Career Cruising and Key Train will be required.
- Transitions class meets throughout the day as a time for students to receive individual and specialized help in each of their general ed. classes.
- It is also a time to work on individual IEP goals, improve and practice skills in reading writing, math and critical thinking.
- Agendas are to be completely filled in and are checked daily.
- Students are also able to check their e-mail and grades/announcements on PowerSchool.
- Students will practice math skills for speed and accuracy on XtraMath daily.
- Students will complete quick writes in their journal on writing prompts.
- AimsWeb progress monitoring bi-weekly for IEP goals.
- Students will complete bi-weekly reading assignments either in class or as homework.
- Students will work on Career Cruising and Key Train(9th - 12th Grades) or Study Island (8th Grade)
- Access to individual laptops for research, class projects, additional skill practice, etc.
- SOLO Software: CoWriter, WriteOutLoud, ReadOutLoud, and Draft Builder. Powerful software to assist with reading websites, tests, books, etc. Writing, outlining, spelling, drafts, notes from websites, revising, and publishing final drafts.
Daily participation points are given. They are based on completion of agenda and work ethic.